It is almost impossible to find a woman who does not care about her appearance, starting with the hair and ending with heels. It is especially relevant in the summer period, when you have to wear nude clothes, for example, shorts and T-shirts, not to mention the beach. However, unfortunately, sometimes there are such unpleasant side effects as hair growth in the bikini area.
This problem has a rather unaesthetic appearance, which leads to the appearance of a large number of complexes. In addition, at the site of ingrown hairs, blisters often form, which carry the risk of infection, and this is a direct threat to health. Not to mention the fact that these places quickly become inflamed and constantly hurt. To avoid this, it is useful to know why ingrown hairs appear, and how to properly get rid of unwanted hair.
Each hair has its own direction of growth. If it changes for any reason, then instead of going into special holes on the dermis, the penis will go under them, therefore, it will begin to grow horizontally. Often this is due to the fact that the hair removal process is performed incorrectly. At first, when the hair begins to grow, localized redness forms, from which pimples later form.
Further, the process can worsen, inflammation will begin to affect the surrounding tissues, and the place of growth will begin to thicken, become a bump. In the bikini area, it is possible to see dark spots, which is a very disturbing sight. If the situation is prolonged, such places can go to the stage of open wounds, which can be easily infected and then the consequences can be very deplorable.
It is easier to prevent any problem than to look for a solution to it, ingrown hairs in the bikini area are no exception. For this reason, many doctors advise to adhere to certain rules when performing hair removal, to minimize the risk of ingrown hairs under the skin.
Let’s look at a 7-step method for shaving off the bikini line without creating ingrown hairs:
1. Invest in a good bikini trimmer. Don’t spare money on it, your skin will be thankful.
2. Get ready to prevent ingrown hairs on the bikini line. Before the procedure, take a warm bath. Then the skin becomes smooth, and the pores open. Use a mild cleanser to clean the skin. If particles of dirt and dust get into the open channel during the epilation process, the infection process may begin. You can also take a hot bath with the addition of foam, sea salt, essential oils or a decoction of soothing herbs – chamomile, marigold, mint or sage. The bath should be taken for 15-20 minutes, until the skin calms down, becomes soft and supple, and the pores open.
3. Don’t miss the shaving cream. Do not use soap when shaving the bikini area. Give preference to special gels and foams, they moisturize and cool the skin, making shaving easier. The blade must be sharp.
4. Pay attention to the bikini area shaving technique. Shaving should be strictly in the direction of hair growth and not against it, as many people are used to. When shaving against hair growth, the skin is damaged, which leads to the growth of hair under the skin. In the bikini area, there are several directions of growth, this must be taken into account during the procedure.
5. Soothe your skin after shaving your bikini area. After shaving is over, apply special body treatments. The smoother the skin, the less hair grows inward.
6. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Always finish shaving procedures by applying moisturizers to the desired area. After that apply a cleanser, and after a while apply a body cream that will remove dryness and irritation from the skin. If desired, you can replace the body cream with a lotion to slow hair growth.
7. Clean the bikini area trimmer. You need to rub the razor with alcohol or put it under hot water after each operation.
Permanent skin care will help solve the problem of ingrown hairs. The day before the shave, your skin should be cleaned. After hair removal, it is useful to make a soothing mask for the skin to smooth the skin and treat small cracks. Choose the best bikini hair removal method for you. Hair growth may be associated with improper procedures. Also, don’t forget to take appropriate precautions.