You should know the correct ways to care for your vagina when you are in the bathroom:
- It depends on your daily routine, but you may need to shower every day, especially when you notice the foul odor of your vagina.
- After completing the exercise session, be sure to take a shower, in order to remove sweat from the body, including the vagina.
- Do not hide the smell by using perfumed soap. If only natural soap could be used because the soap most people use today contains chemicals that can upset the natural balance of the vagina and may cause irritation.
- Clean only the outside of the vagina as this may aggravate the problem.
- Do not wash, unless your doctor tells you to.
- You should always wipe from front to back to avoid infection, and for this, you can use wet wipes and baby wipes to remove the remnants of dry wipes, which can also cause infection.
Things for the vagina If you use some items for this part of your body, here are some things you need to remember:
- Do not use products around the vagina, for example, lotions and others not intended for vaginal use.
- Buy only breathable cotton underwear and be sure to change it at least once a day.
- If you use tampons, do not leave them on for a long time as they stimulate the immune system to respond and attack the foreign body. The same thing is meant for the condom in case it was broken and a small part of it remained in the vagina.
- Please make sure the lubricant is water based or silicone.
Poor hygiene, bacterial growth, yeast infection, and even hormonal changes can affect vaginal odor. In the event of an unpleasant smell, you should try to solve the problem immediately. But if there are other problems and symptoms, such as burning, irritation, redness and itching in the vaginal area, it may be the result of an infection. You should see your doctor as soon as possible to get a diagnosis.